Health & SafetyEnsuring safe working practises for everybody
Jon is committed to identifying and managing health and safety risks, meeting legislative requirements and achieving best practice standards by:
- Recognising that everyone plays a part in creating a safe and healthy working environment.
- Establishing an environment that prevents injury and ill health.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge, understanding and skills to enable all work to be carried out safely.
- Providing a clear and effective health and safety policy.
- Continuously seeking ways to improving the health and safety of the workplace.
In failing to manage health and safety correctly the result could be:
- Death, injuries or ill-health to administration staff, employed site operatives, sub-contractors, the self-employed and the general public
- Loss of business through interruptions/bad publicity
- Time spent investigating accidents instead of working towards goals
- Disruption of activities through absence following injury or as a result of ill health
- Disruption of activities through defending claims and criminal actions
- Increased insurance premiums
- Long term feelings of personal guilt
- Criminal prosecution by enforcing authorities
- Fines, imprisonment or other penalties imposed by a court of law.
As stated in the UK Health & Safety Act 1974, everybody has a responsibility to protect the health and safety of themselves and others when carrying out any activity.