Respecting your Privacy
Jon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In providing certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What Information is collected?
* your name and title
* your contact information including email address and telephone number
* your demographic information such as address and postcode
* general details about your site relevant to onsite welfare and safety
* information relevant to your equipment including its condition, how it is kept and used, and records of any work undertaken
* photographs and/or movies of your equipment at your premises
* records of verbal conversations in the form of digital recordings and/or summarised notes
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
The legal grounds are so that the schedule of work can be properly quoted and executed safely and successfully within the bounds of the contract agreed. This includes making recommendations and offer advice to you where we feel it is of value to you, and providing service reminders. Processing your information is essential to enable process credit card payments in order to secure your visit or order. This is done using secure, GDPR compliant online service providers.
Your personal data may be processed for compliance with law, for establishment of a defence and enforcement of a legal rights, for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime, to carry out monitoring and for keeping records, and to deal with requests from you to exercise your rights under Data Protection Laws.
How your data is shared?
There will be times when your personal data needs to be shared with third parties such as:
* An organisation who referred or introduced you
* Legal and other professional advisers, auditors and actuaries;
* Other organisations and businesses who provide services in the running of this business such as backup and server hosting providers, accountancy & IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions;
* Suppliers who help in the costing and provision of parts or equipment;
* Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend legal rights.
* Buyers and their professional representatives or agents in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of this business;
* Other people where we have your consent.
How long is your Personal Data retained?
The Retention Policy on personal data is kept under regular review to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory & record keeping obligations.
How is your Data Secured?
Your information is secured using cloud based GDPR compliant service providers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, there are suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected. In the event of a breach, we will notify you within 7 days.
How are Cookies used?
Traffic log cookies are used to identify which web pages are being used. This helps analyse data about web page traffic and improve this website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This is only used for statistical analysis.
Cookies used do not give access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share. You can change cookie settings via your browser at any time.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. The rules for protection of your information may be different on these websites and you should note that Jon does not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, he cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Jon has a legal obligation to keep some of your personal data and as such this is not based on having your consent to do so. You do have the right to take back your consent with respect to future activities and data processing. You can do this at any time by letting Jon know via any of the contact forms in this website. Jon is the data controller.
Your rights under the Data Protection Law are:
* The right to be informed through this Privacy Notice about how your personal data is processed;
* The right of access to request a copy of any of your personal data held;
* The right that any information held is rectified within one month of any requests for change, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete;
* The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
* The right to data portability;
* The right to object to your data being processed
* Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Our other Terms and Conditions can be found at https://www.chartered-engineer.com/terms-and-conditions/.
Version 4 – 27/08/21